PAF is currently pursuing a highly motivated individual interested in leading a collaborative team in a critical executive position. The Calgary President’s (President’s) overall role is to have general supervision of the affairs of the Foundation for the Calgary region.
The President will be the chief executive officer of the Foundation in developing, where necessary, and implementing the strategic plans and policies of the Foundation subject to the authority of the Board of Directors (Directors). As a designated Officer, attendance at the meetings of the Directors may be expected.
Supporting assistance will kindly be provided in learning and maintaining the role.
Applicants should plan for a minimum commitment of two years for this voluntary position.
Qualifications / Skills Required
- located in Calgary
- experience in the field of education is required
- a post-secondary degree in education or social work would be helpful
- administrative experience in parliamentary procedures for non-profit organizations is desirable, but not mandatory
- eg. knowledge of ‘Roberts Rules of Order’ is not necessary
- interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication
- discretion in handling private information
- volunteering experience at an administrative level would be benefitial
Due to the access of private information, the successful candidate will be required to provide a Police Information Check at the expense of the Foundation.
As a developing non-profit organization with exciting growth potential, we are looking for a volunteer to fulfill this position. The majority of the role can be fulfilled remotely and at your convenience. In return, we will provide ongoing experience in a growing and rewarding organization with flexible hours for you to pursue or maintain a paying position elsewhere. We will gladly provide an employment reference should that be desired. You will also experience gratification from the perpetual appreciation from our Registrants for the valuable service being provided.